About the job
Primary purpose of job
Provide leadership and manage the Plant Maintenance (PM) & Supply Chain Management (SCM) team to provide maintenance, support, training and process enhancements, via planning, design and delivery of SAP solutions to the organization, using existing solutions and the latest SAP technologies.
- Lead the Plant Maintenance and Supply Chain Management Section via the establishment of clear framework of vision, strategies and priorities, based on industry best practices, by engaging with Business and ICT management to meet Corporate goals
- Support and be aligned with corporate vision by implementing SAP solutions and enhancements to improve IT cost effectiveness, service quality and business benefits while meeting QP current and future needs.
- Advise and guide QP Business Units on improving business processes and functions by analysis, benchmarking and development of detailed SAP Business Process functional and technical specifications.
- Influence the advancement in technology by researching and implementing innovative and leading-edge SAP solutions to fully leverage QP’s investment.
- Manage the customer contact programmes to improve business effectiveness by reviewing/optimizing the usage of the SAP system, identifying areas for improvement, training needs and manage customer expectations.
Experience & Skills
- A total of 12 years professional work experience that includes:
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in PM and/or SCM function with demonstrated management experience preferably in an Oil and Gas organization. Experience of Project Engineering, Major Plant Shutdown, Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on SAP implementation / support experience including at least 2 full life cycle implementation projects as Lead Consultant covering Business Process Design, Configuration, Gap Analysis, Development, Testing, Training and post go-live support
- Experience in managing and executing multiple high value IT projects, through contracts and/or internal resources, on time and within budget
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and continual improvement
- Operates independently using mature judgment in planning and performing assignments and achieving defined objectives
- Excellent people management, problem solving, persuasion, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate concepts as appropriate to customers, contractors, and staff.
- Experience in improvement to IT cost effectiveness, service quality and business benefits
- Experience in developing clear framework of vision, strategies and priorities, based on industry best practices, by engaging with Business and IT management to meet Corporate goals
- Assess and approve feasibilities of all ICT Information Systems candidate projects to ensure a significant return on investment to QP.
- Monitor and ensure progress of section tasks and issues are completed in a timely manner and established processes, standards and templates are being followed and revised as appropriate
- Overall financial authority, for the section, as per Manual of Authorities
- Review and resolve issues and challenges, and inform Management on delays, foreseen obstacles and potential risks.
- Regular interaction with Business, vendor and other relevant parties for meeting business process needs, improvement initiatives, projects, etc.
- Anticipates problems, prepares contingency plans and takes appropriate preventive action to mitigate risks.
- Works collaborative and exercise independent judgement and initiative in carrying responsibilities, referring only major problems and policy/procedure issues to Assistant Manager.
- Regularly evaluate new solutions, tools, methodologies, strategies and recommend improvements to management.
- Knowledge of other modules and cross applications (e.g. Project System, Classification, Workflow).
- Lead the team to ensure enhancement projects and changes are completed according to specifications and standards by reviewing design, architecture, SLAs, contracts, and other documentation for successful application services delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Business Administration or Information Technology.
- SAP Certification in PM or SCM, or equivalent is preferred