A Groups and Events Coordinator is responsible for receiving groups and events in the hotel, serving as an intermediary between the customer and the commercial and operational areas. It is the customer contact at the time this arrives at the hotel with your event, working with the hotel to achieve the set goals of Hilton’s newest resort and entertainment complex in Qatar. The Salwa Beach Resort is to become one of the largest resorts in the Middle East. It spreads along a 3.5km pristine beachfront on the southwest coast of Qatar. Managed by Hilton, it will have 362 hotel rooms and residential units with private beaches, world-class leisure and waterpark, sports club, marina, dive center, health club, spa, restaurants, cinemas and retail space. The resort is scheduled to open in 2020 and can be found on Google and YouTube under its working title ‘Salwa Beach Resort’.
What will I be doing?
As a Groups And Events Coordinator, You Will Work Following The Events That Occur In The Hotel From Initial Contact With The Head Of The Event To Prepare Contracts For Groups And Events, Until The End Of The Event And Therefore Must Perform The Following Tasks With The Higher Standards
- Receive groups and events and keep up to date the hotel even output
- Draw up contracts for groups and events
- Insert Rooming List in the system, update payment instructions and enter important information relevant to the group
- Negotiate budgets with customers
- Develop events Work Orders in the system with all relevant information
- Conduct instructional groups with all relevant information to the group (number of able, category, price, form of payment, contact the company, special notes, etc.)
- Perform monthly report groups and update closing information groups
- Interact permanently with the Account Managers, Sales Coordinators, Reservations, Front Desk, Department Parties, Hilton Meetings and kitchen
- Act directly with the guest or client during the stay of groups and events
- Participate in special activities such as secretaries of cocktails, welcome tour groups, etc.
- Ensure that all client requests are answered efficiently and with agility
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Groups and Events Coordinator serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Graduate or MBA in Management, Hospitality and Marketing
- Previous sales groups and events, preferably in Hospitality
- Ability to analyze and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Sense of organization and planning
- Good computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proactive approach to meet deadlines and objectives
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: jobs.hilton.com.