Our client, a well-known holding company in Qatar, is looking for a Group Legal Counsel to join their team in Doha. The main objective of this role is to provide legal advice and guidance on matters of law, review, and draft legal documents, manage risk, conduct negotiations on behalf of the organization and ensure the organization’s legal compliance.
- Drafts, negotiates, and advises on investor agreements including engagement letters, mandates, facility letters, loan agreements, subscription agreements, and security agreements.
- Drafts, negotiates, and advises on commercial, partnership and acquisition agreements including service agreements, subcontracting agreement, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, share purchase agreements, and sale and leaseback agreements.
- Works on other group or project-related legal documentation including non-disclosure agreements, memorandums of understanding, and letters of intent.
- Advises on the legal and fiscal structure of prospective projects and identifying regulatory aspects that may impact the legal viability of the transactions.
- Liaises with various third parties on company incorporations and managing all required legal paperwork and documentation.
- Advises the group with respect to compliance to agreements and to laws and regulations.
- Coordinates and oversees litigation cases with external legal counsels and overseeing the group’s legal proceedings.
- Works on investor legal requirements, data rooms and due diligence exercises.
- Prepares and finalizes documentation related to corporate actions including shareholder and board resolutions.
- Archives and keeps legal documents up to date.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, or anything related.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in law jobs.
- Excellent English and Arabic communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to deadlines.
- A problem-solver and can stay calm when legal issues arise.
- Exceptional organizational skills; attention to detail is a must.
- Interpersonal, collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration.
- Experience in contracting industry, real estate, construction, etc.