A Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) 7Manager manages the Groups, Conference and Events Sales office and the on-property Reservations Team to actively convert customer inquiries into confirmed sales of Hilton’s newest resort and entertainment complex in Qatar. The Salwa Beach Resort is to become one of the largest resorts in the Middle East. It spreads along a 3.5km pristine beachfront on the southwest coast of Qatar. Managed by Hilton, it will have 362 hotel rooms and residential units with private beaches, world-class leisure and waterpark, sports club, marina, dive center, health club, spa, restaurants, cinemas and retail space. The resort is scheduled to open in 2020 and can be found on Google and YouTube under its working title ‘Salwa Beach Resort’.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
As Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Manager, you will manage the Groups, Conference and Events Sales office and the on-property Reservations Team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales. The Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Manager will interact frequently with customers and Guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business.
- Maximise all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments’ adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Conduct weekly spot checks of five bookings carried out with a minimum of 90% achieved in any departmental and system audits for any Team Member
- Ensure the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high-quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Manage and develop the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
- Organize hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow
A Group, Conference and Events Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Demonstrated previous managerial or supervisory experience in a Reservations and/or Conference and Events Sales function in the hotel/leisure sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: jobs.hilton.com.