Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport (HIA) is the hub for the rapidly expanding international Qatar Airways network. Open 24/7 and located just five km from Doha’s city centre, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines. It is also home to the world’s only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers.
You will reduce operational risks and sustain a culture that maintains the highest levels of safety, compliance, and integrity. You will assure that a system of reporting, recording and investigating of all the occurrences is in place to identify the causes of the incidents and to find ways to diminish the consequences of these incidents when they occur.
- Acts as the main investigator of airside accidents, incidents and safety deficiencies.
- Responsible for conducting investigation upon each hazard or occurrence to the point where all associated risks are identified.
- Assure that necessary guidance is provided to the safety officers in responding to reported airside incidents and deviations from standard procedures and ascertain that the airfield safety operations are appropriately carried out.
- Conduct the analysis of all the information gathered regarding a specific incident in order to determine the appropriate conclusions based on the facts, including the determination of causes. Conduct interviews in order to clarify the context for unsafe acts and conditions. Formulate the safety recommendations, which are designed to prevent future occurrences.
- Conducts a regular inspection of airside facilities to identify any discrepancies and make the appropriate recommendations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 6 years of job-related experience
- Must have attended Aerodrome Safety Management courses and other ICAO/ACI/IATA safety training courses.
- Must have attended safety courses focused on occurrence reporting and investigation.
- Must hold certification and proficiency in aeronautical radio communication.
- Must be technically competent both in the area under investigation, as well as in the methods of safety investigation
- ICAO standards and recommended practices (SARPS) on airport operations and safety CM regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of airport operations and safety regulations and procedures.
- Good knowledge of airline ramp operations, policies and procedures, and cargo restricted articles