A Government Relations Officer is responsible of providing administrative support for procurement of visas, renewals, medicals and other governmental permits and licenses.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, a Government Relations Officer Will Perform The Following Tasks To The Highest Standards
As Government Relations Officer, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of immigration related tasks within the Department of Labour and Immigration Services in compliance with Qatar Labor Law and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for all applications of visas and cancellations and deal directly with immigration department for visa matters for team members, management and their families
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with key and operational government offices including: Ministry of Interior, Municipality, Ministry of Economy and Commerce, Ministry of Business and Trade, Ministry of Public Health, Consumer Protection Department, Traffic Police, Customs, Airport Authorities and other Ministries and agencies, in order to assist with the efficient processing and approval of requests and formalities
- Provides assistance on police and court cases, immigration and labour issues and other related matters
- Keep records of passports and visa expiry dates, inform team members in advance of passport expiry dates and extend/renew visas prior to expiry dates
- Provides assistance in obtaining visas for travelling key personnel
- Process government transactions and organise visits to government agencies in an efficient and timely manner to minimise cost and avoid penalties and additional fees
- Manages the allocated petty cash expenditure through maintaining original receipts and through timely preparation of expense reports
- Work closely with HR and Administration teams to ensure the timely completion and execution of relevant government and administrative formalities
- Process immigration requirements in the most effective and efficient manner to expedite on boarding of new employees
- Update relevant business areas with issues, risks, and statuses of immigration/government processes and provide relevant solutions
- Maintain employee files and documents relevant to immigration
- Maintain relevant forms for all types of immigration transactions
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Government Relations Officer serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and Team Members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively deal with a variety of audience, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Strong computer literacy including knowledge of Windows XP and Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Qatar Labor Laws
- Immigration rules and regulations
- HR and Administration Policies and Procedures
- Previous Hotel or leisure sector experience
- Computer literacy
- Relevant degree, from an academic institution