About the job
The Governance Officer will deliver value to the organization by-way of proactive and comprehensive support to the board of Directors and senior management through good corporate governance.
You will influence, develop and deliver organizational corporate governance activities, taking a lead for the end-to-end processes associated with the management of corporate governance meetings – specifically board & committee meetings. Therefore a high degree of literacy, technicality, administration and organizational capabilities is required for the role together with the ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Supervises the development of and management of the identification and evaluation of the best practice policies in the company’s corporate governance.
- Acts as the point of contact on all governance related matters.
- Ensures the issuance and compliance of the Corporate Governance Report.
- Manages the process for developing governance manuals, procedures and policies.
- Oversees and coordinates implementation and management of entire corporate governance function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report corporate governance risks.
- Leads the development and improvement of corporate governance reporting.
- Responsible for ICOFAR, COSO-mapping and setting up the corporate governance framework for the organization.
- Ensures the implementation the company’s corporate governance framework.
- Ensures the program is effectively integrated into the culture and business practices of the company.
- Advises on the corporate governance best practices in an appropriate way for different audiences.
- Monitors major and critical corporate governance issues.
- Drives and rolls out education and training session for senior management to build awareness of the corporate governance framework within the organization.
- Leads corporate governance risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the corporate governance risks affecting the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 8 years of professional experience in various positions relating to Corporate Governance, with proven experience of board or committee experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Business/Audit/Compliance);
- Post graduate degrees and professional qualifications in one of: legal/audit management/business/compliance is a plus.
- Highly proficient in drafting, reading and writing English.
- High technical skill in Microsoft Suite programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong knowledge of UK or US listing regimes.
- Experience of working in a regulated entity highly preferred
- Proven ability to manage work flows effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment