Atkins is currently looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to work on Infrastructure projects in Qatar.
SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi-sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defense sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Candidates should possess the following:
- A proven track record in geotechnical investigation management and interpretation and the design of deep and shallow foundations, piles, retaining walls and other related infrastructure.
- Experience in managing a small team of junior engineers to deliver projects on time and to specified budgets – reporting to the geotechnical team leader.
- Experience of working in a fast moving engineering consultancy environment (ideally including international experience)
- A high level of technical capability and attention to detail
- A good academic background with a civil engineering / geotechnical engineering bachelors or masters degree.
- A minimum of 7+ years experience in the civil / geotechnical fields in a consulting environment
- Working towards chartered status (or equivalent) within a relevant professional association
- A high level of numeracy and attention to details with the ability to self check and produce accurate work
- Appropriate experience in the use of geotechnical analysis software (gINT, PLAXIS, Slope W, Seep W and Piglet etc.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise report writing will be required)
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience working on Metro/Rail Projects.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with Contractors and Clients
- Willingness to collaborate and work effectively within a team environment – leading where necessary.
- Demonstrate sound relationship-building skills with both clients and staff and an ability to influence and coach others
- Experience and confidence in using written and spoken English within a business environment
- Willingness to travel from time to time on project assignments.
The candidate will be required to work a variety of roles and projects including geotechnical investigations scoping, management and interpretation in addition to geotechnical design for infrastructure projects alongside a variety of environmental science and engineering professionals. Whilst the candidate will be required to report to a more senior engineer, they will also be expected to manage and mentor a small team of geotechnical engineers – providing technical and managerial guidance where necessary.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants