About the job
Purpose of Job
Subject teachers are responsible for maximising the academic progress of the students they teach, working with colleagues to participate fully in the development of the department. Subject teachers promote a positive, purposeful and professional working atmosphere that encourages cooperation and challenge, whilst valuing the contribution that individuals make to the success of the Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Encourage high standards in all aspects of school life, particularly in student progress.
● Contribute to the effective and efficient running of the School.
● Promote a school culture which is positive, purposeful and professional.
● Support and motivate students, teachers and other school employees
● Encourage consultation, review and improvement Teaching and Learning Responsibilities.
● Plan and prepare well-structured, clearly presented lessons appropriate to the abilities of all students and the syllabus being taught.
● Help students develop High Performance Learning skills in line with school’s values and ethos. ● Make sure that the classroom is a stimulating environment that facilitates learning
● Generate enthusiasm for the subject being taught and inspire all students to work to their potential.
● Liaise with the Head of Department and Learning Support where a student may have special educational needs and with the form tutor and Head of House if a student is experiencing pastoral difficulties.
● Promote high standards of behaviour by encouraging a positive, proactive approach to study and build productive relationships with students.
● Set homework according to policy and pertinent to the student’s ability and wider work load. ● Promote high standards of organisation.
● Be punctual to lessons.
● Promote high standards in the use of English as the common language and help develop English for Academic Progress.
● Provide high quality, accurate, constructive and targeted information to parents at Parents’ Evenings, in subject reports, incidental meetings and communications.
● Assess, record and monitor the progress of all students according to faculty guidelines in order to provide accurate information to parents in a variety of forms, as and when necessary.
● Maintain materials and resources as needed