About the job
The General Manager is the P&L owner and primary team development champion for the Middle East market. The GM sets the ongoing strategy for maximizing revenue city profitability; specifically, ensuring we have vehicles ready and in the right places to maximize revenue. This position is responsible for oversight of in-region KPIs and for leading or contributing to cross-functional strategy work groups aimed to improve the operational capabilities of the business. This is a leadership role within Bird both in supporting the right business outcomes for Bird as well as driving the development and progression of their direct reports.
- Lead and execute on the strategy for the market to grow our fleet size and footprint and achieve P&L targets.
- Manage local team. Ensure strong performance and deliverables from the team. Create a good and collaborative working environment.
- Manage P&L for the market, understand drivers and improvement points. Have clear action plans to hit P&L targets. Ensure the portfolio of Fleet Managers is healthy and be the escalation point for local partner relationships.
- Represent Bird in the community with local media and in city relationships with key cities. Help with prioritisation for other functions (GP, Sales, Comms, …) subject to needs and local strategy.
- Participate and contribute in meetings with different stakeholders and teams (ie product, policy, finance). Provide local input from the local market.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of work experience in operations, strategy, supply chain, and/or consulting
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 4+ years in heavy operational environment
- Extremely high EQ
- Ability to lead & influence in a cross-collaborative environment
- Data driven, driving the right outcomes from data back decision making
- 35% Frequent travel within the Middle East, with occasional travel to central HQ
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
- Strong academic background with top tier MBA preferred