Baker Hughes offers the opportunity as an experienced General Field Engineer -Wireline Services to join the team in Qatar.
- Under broad direction determines and develops resolution to an assortment of problems encountered at the wellsite of moderately complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Supervises the training of less experienced engineers and personnel. Performs additional duties within the district.
- Works with Customer Representative and drill crew on location to coordinate operations with the rig and or production facility.
- Provides record of all assemblies as run to the Customer Representative at the wellsite.
- Advises Customer Representative in the logging and completions operations; interpreting logging data, troubleshooting, and other wellsite analysis and decision-making processes.
- Supervises crew and equipment at the wellsite and at the shop to provide specific logging and completions services.
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and facility. Maintains records and communications as required by the District Manager.
- Assists with the training of assigned personnel incompletions operations and maintenance.
- Performs all required responsibilities safely and as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations, and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals.
- Performs other related duties as required. Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
5 years’ experience required.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Strong knowledge of the oil and gas industry and product line.
Excellent mechanical aptitude. Ability to work well and communicate well with others.