About the job
- Developing and implementing effective lesson plans to teach physical education appropriate to the age or grade level
- Assisting school administration in the selection of equipment and other instructional material to enhance the physical educational program
- Communicating assignments and objectives to students in a well-organized manner, using clear and precise language
- Teaching students cognitive concepts about motor skills and fitness
- Observing and informing students of corrective measures necessary for skill and improvement
- Instructing students on importance of regular amounts of appropriate physical activity now and throughout life
- Offering alternative activities during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness
- Explaining and enforcing safety rules governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of sports and exercise equipment
- Carrying out assessment procedures and marking policies as outlined by the school administration
- Monitoring and assessing student progress in order to provide feedback on a regular basis to students, their parents and the school administration
- Diagnosing, instructing and evaluating specific student needs and seeking assistance as necessary
- Establishing and maintaining fair and just standards for student behavior, with the guidance of the school Code of Conduct, to create an effective and safe learning environment
- Supervising students on the school campus and off-campus at school-related activities
- Maintaining accurate, complete and legible records as required by the school policy
- Attending and taking an active role in staff meetings
- Communicating concerns, ideas and information with colleagues, students, the school administration, parents and the community in a professional and constructive manner
- Maintaining a positive professional relationship with parents for the benefit of their children, including but not limited to informing them of upcoming-week lesson summaries, behavioral issues and their children’s progress
- Displaying willingness to understand the local culture and handle the cultural nuances in a caring and respectful manner
- Participating in professional development organized by the school
- Performing other related, similar or logical duties as required or assigned
- Working hours: The official working hours are from 6:30 am to 2:20 pm. All classes start at 7:00 am. With the exception of K2, BC Program classes end at 2:05 pm. K2 classes end at 1:10 pm. Classroom teachers are expected to stay with their children until they are picked up, which normally is between 20 – 30 minutes after the end of classes.
- Qatar resident (this position is for local hiring)
- Teachers with a Bachelor degree in Physical Education
- A minimum of two years of experience is required.
- International experience and/or an attitude of respect to other cultures is needed.
- Salary can range from QR 6,900 – QR 11,150 monthly for bachelor degree holders, with two-year experience and more (salary is proportionate to years and type of experience, educational qualifications and their awarding institutions)
- Monthly housing allowance of QR 3,000
- Private medical insurance
- Participation in extracurricular activities organized by the school is optional. Teachers who choose to participate receive 50% of fee collected for the activity.