The newly opening Oryx Garden Hotel will be located at Hamad International Airport (HIA) and is operated by Dhiafatina Hotels, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Qatar Airways Group.
As a Front Office Manager, you will be leading the Front Office and other departments at Oryx Garden as required by the business by establishing and maintaining standards that reflect the highest expectations of delivering exceptional customer service. Responsible to act as the ‘face’ of the hotel and ensure guests receive a heart-warming welcome. Coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, reservations and guest services and coordinate with all related departments for OGH and internal and external stakeholders. Support the Oryx Airport Hotel as required from time to time.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage the employee working schedules to meet peak and slack period while remaining within the Labour Law requirements to ensure all the shifts are covered to support operations.
- Participate in the selection of front office personnel; supervise and train the team. Evaluate the job performance of each employee.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P special guests and requests.
- Maintain working relationships and communicate with all departments and HIA business partners and stakeholders to ensure smooth operations.
- Resolve guest problems and complaints quickly, efficiently, and courteously. Review Front Office log book and guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Provide management with detailed reports and explanations in areas related to front desk operations, safety compliance, and security compliance, facility disruption affecting operations and suggestions for any enhancement in the property.
- Perform other duties related to his/her managerial level as directed by the Head of the Hotel / Management.
About You :
To be Success in this job you should have:
Without a Degree:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role).
- Minimum 5 years of job-related experience
With a Degree:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of job-related experience
- Front Office managerial experience along with relevant system navigation skills.
- Middle Eastern upscale hotel experience
Job Specific Skills:
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Solid customer service skills
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth understanding of the industry
- Interfaces with customers inside and outside QR Group
- Interfaces with operational teams
- Freedom to Act Independently