About the job
The incumbent in this position is responsible for checking-in and checking-out Hotel guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski procedures and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards. At all times, he/she must display a professional and positive image of the hotel as they play a crucial role in the first and last impression the guest receives of the hotel.
The job of Front Office Agent is executed satisfactorily when:
- Up-selling is focused on and executed in order to increase room revenues.
- Shift closing is done properly.
- Financial Policies and Procedures are supported and followed.
- LQA (Leading Quality Assurance) audit results are 85% and above.
- CSS (Customer Satisfaction Survey) results are rated on an average with “5” and above.
- Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards.
- Ensure that LQA results are above 85%.
- Upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. If needed, assist guests in completing the registration cards. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel. Verify the guest’s method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures or refer cash handling payment to cashiers.
- Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
- Handle all front office cashiers’ transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float.
- Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and takes appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be and not inclusive of issuing a safe deposit box, handling messages or dealing with a complaints.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests.
- Keep themselves informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities.
- Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures.
- Maintain the neatness of his/her working area.