Richmond International School
Nestled in the heart of Doha, Qatar, Richmond International School opened its doors 2019. We are a dynamic, progressive and contemporary international school that offers a broad, balanced and rigorous Edexcel based curriculum, spanning sciences, arts and humanities. We draw from the very best of the British, American and Finnish educational systems, to name but a few. We require additional teachers as we are expanding.
We are seeking candidates for the academic year 2020/2021
Purpose of the Position
To primarily teach French to students in the Primary school and other, related subjects, as necessary.
To offer support to the learning, pastoral and co-curricular needs of individual students through the school’s pastoral policy and core values.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties of a teacher at Richmond International School, the post holder is expected to:
- Teach a standard timetable allocation.
- Plan, develop, and deliver lessons plans aligned with the School’s curriculum
- Manage the academic and administrative activities of the classes taught.
- Meeting requirements for the student assessment.
- Record evaluate and report on student development.
- Provide timely feedback to parents on student’s progress.
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Department and wider School through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, collaborative teaching, mentoring and active participation in continuing professional development.
- Actively safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Support the School’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning.
- Adhere to and promote all School policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a related subject
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities (professional, amateur or voluntary)
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching French.