About the job
About The Role
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high!
With an extensive global network, highly-experienced staff and premium facilities, Qatar Airways Cargo offers a high-quality air freight service to our growing list of customers around the world.
With our continuous growth, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exclusive and exciting opportunity to join our Freighter Operations Team in Doha as a Freighter Operations & System Specialist.
The role will be responsible for maintaining the freighter weight & balance system by updating and maintaining the weight & balance data. Additionally, this role is responsible for the overall system administration of the freighter weight & balance application to ensure safe and efficient FCLC operations. This role is also envisioned to lead the implementation of FCLC related operational projects.
Some Of The Tasks Include
- Take ownership of the freighter weight and balance system from business side.
- Monitor freighter operations & quality performance network wide and implement best possible practice related to centralized load control functions.
- Responsible for developing and implementing operational procedures/ changes triggered by system modifications or enhancements.
- Execute FCLC related initiatives & projects and work with internal and external senior stakeholders to facilitate a successful and efficient implementation.
- Activate the back-up plans for critical operational scenarios in Freighter CLC, when required.
- Develop and maintain an administrative framework related to access control of freighter weight & balance system.
- Identify the scope and implement system enhancements to continuously improve the safety & operational efficiency within FCLC.
- Maintain & validate system recency protocol for FCLC staff and initiate actions to ensure 100% compliance.
- Responsible to ensure that the weight & balance system is always updated with latest application version. Closely coordinate with vendor and IT to ensure that the complete user acceptance testing and business sign-off is obtained before deploying the new release in production.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 4 years of experience in cargo industry.
- Previous experience in freighter weight and balance administration and freighter load controller.
- Holding a valid dangerous goods certification
- Holding a valid freighter weight and balance certification
- In-depth knowledge on freighter weight and balance system – SABLE
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Ability to foster a culture of data- driven decision making
- Strong command of the English language
- Team oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment