About the job
The LG Officer will ensure timely processing of the foreign LG transactions in accordance with bank and regulatory guidelines. The incumbent will be responsible for the checking the correctness of application received, end to end correspondence preparation support throughout the process, and timely dispatch of original/amended LG documents to the customers. The job holder will act as the custodian of all records to comply with audit/procedure standards.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform all operational activities as assigned by the LG manager in compliance with local regulations, Doha Bank’s policies and approved Trade Finance policies and procedures.
- Receive and check the duly filled LG application from customer/corresponding bank (as applicable) for correctness of details against the terms and condition of Letter of Guarantee and verify the customer’s signature against the core banking system. (as applicable)
- Adhere to/ follow audit, compliance and procedural control measures set by the management with respect to AML initiatives.
- Ensure that clauses stated in the LG application/covering letter does not conflict with regulatory guidelines related to Letter of Guarantee.
- Ensure modifications effected to the details stated in the LG applications (if any) are duly authorized by the customer.
- Generate transaction application from the core banking system with a view to ascertain the financial position of the customer/corresponding bank, as applicable.
- Coordinate with the RMs to obtain necessary approvals from the sanctioning authority (credit committee) if the beneficiary position is not within the limit set by the management.
- Initiate the lodging process by inputting LG data onto the system along with commission/charges, as applicable, to further the generation of guarantee reference number.
- Ensure that the lodging process is carried out in line with the request raised by the customer/corresponding bank and URDG 758 guidelines.
- Prepare the guarantee letter as per the prescribed format for approval from the relevant authorities.
- Dispatch copy of the LG advices to the customer/beneficiaries’/correspondent of beneficiary with receipt of due acknowledgement, as applicable.
- Receive applicant’s instructions on prescribed form, generate transaction application and liaise with the RMs to obtain necessary approvals from the approving authority for initiating amendments.
- Prepare amendment instructions, and related SWIFT message/mail confirmation, compute charges and dispatch copy of the amendment / extended LG advices to the customer/beneficiaries’/correspondent of beneficiary with receipt of due acknowledgement, as applicable.
- Generate the transaction reports on daily basis to ascertain guarantee expiry dates and promptly advise all respective stakeholders on expiry date/deadlines and procedures.
- Promptly respond to and/or escalate the queries raised by Doha Bank Customers/employees to the technical support team/reporting officer, as applicable.
- Liaise/follow up with the applicants and/or beneficiaries on matter related to the extension/amendments/expiry of LG’s, as applicable.
- Maintain filing of all documents in the respective foreign LG, including but not limited to telecommunication messages, mail instructions, applications and other supporting documents, in the prescribed order of document filing.
- Liaise with Administrative/Central Archives representative for transfer of records for archiving to the Archives and Records center, and further retrieval on account for reference, or litigation and/or other reasons, as directed by the reporting officers.
- Maintain highest standards of confidentiality, professional conduct, ethics and integrity in the provision of services in the section
- University graduate – (B. Commerce)
- 3 to 5 years in Foreign Guarantees, preferably in a similar Industry
- Bilingual Candidates Preferred (English/Arabic)