Project: This is a mixed-use project in the heart of Qatar.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking FM infrastructure/utilities manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
The role will be involved in the management of all infrastructure and utility assets.
The role is required to work effectively in a client-facing environment.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Directing the facility manager infrastructure and utility team to ensure delivery of best value and presentation for the client from its assets, contractor technical and financial performance, and reporting, in line with facility manager objectives and best practices.
- Managing self and team to comply with all facility managers and relevant clients, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring sustained performance by ensuring motivation via professional development, coaching, mentoring and performance orientation.
- Ensuring department and team/individual performance objectives are met, including amongst others annual contract budgets, leave, and attrition and performance appraisals.
- Working collaboratively with wider project team members and champion the ethos of best practice value assured.
- Managing and overseeing the performance, operational coordination and delivery of infrastructure and utilities assets and facility management services through contracted service providers to meet the availability and service level expectations of the client and its customers.
- Directing, monitoring and controlling the activities of all infrastructure and utility assets.
- Developing a detailed understanding of the infrastructure and utilities contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, infrastructure and utility interrelationships acting as key liaison points and provide oversight over infrastructure and utilities maintenance suppliers.
- Managing the metering for billing of utilities on behalf of the client.
- Monitoring the use of utilities, make recommendations and implement usage reduction initiatives across all sites.
- Validating design options related to hard services maintenance and suggest alternative solutions were appropriate.
- Overseeing the scoping review, budgeting and justification of infrastructure and utilities maintenance change work orders.
- Coordinating and administering infrastructure and utilities maintenance-related materials, systems and drawings submittals.
- Ensuring that infrastructure and utilities maintenance suppliers provide and adhere to relevant quality documentation/records
- Ensuring that infrastructure and utilities maintenance suppliers adhere to project safety regulations.
- Overseeing and managing the testing and commissioning of newly installed infrastructure and utility assets.
- Optimising and managing the asset lifecycle through effective and best practice maintenance principles.
- Managing and overseeing asset shutdowns and outages in relation to infrastructure and utilities maintenance service delivery.
- Managing and overseeing asset decommissioning and reliability engineering in relation to infrastructure and utilities maintenance service delivery.
- Managing and monitoring day-to-day supplier compliance and quality assurance.
- Managing general upkeep and maintenance of assets to ensure health and safety standards and legal requirements are met.
- Liaising with manager supplier performance management to track suppliers’ performance, and prepare recommendations for improvement.
- Monitoring of asset and facility maintenance performance through observations.
- Implementing streamlined infrastructure and utilities maintenance work practices across all locations within the contract scope that meet the needs of the client.
With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You must have experience in facilities management equating quality and value with the individual clients and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.