About the role
We are recruiting for Flight Operations Support Officer, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The Flight Operations Support Officer provides a range of administrative, logistical and organizational support to the Lead Fleet and Management Support Officer as well as the whole team. Manage and evaluate administrative requests from within the department and ensure all are within corporate guidelines, including but not limited to proposals, manpower movements (SRFs/ interviews/ SMAs), leaves/ duty travel requests, ticket rebate requests, agency-related queries/ proposals. To effectively support the preparation of reports and handle special projects related to the activities of the department.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Prepare weekly brief reports to update on pending issues related to assigned operations e.g. absence management report.
- Provide administrative support to the business in organizing meetings, including documentation and approval signature collection from Manager Flight Ops Management Support.
- Assist with processing of job descriptions and recruitment approval processes.
- Set up, organize and maintain department records so that they are easily retrievable by department members.
- Maintain a comprehensive leave calendar for the whole team.
- Support the team in requisitions of stationaries and new workstations for new joiners/general staff.
- Record, filter, disseminate and communicate all incoming and outgoing matters to the Line Manager taking follow-up action where appropriate.
- Act as the first point of contact for incoming queries from external and internal stakeholders. Record, filter, disseminate and communicate all incoming and outgoing matters and taking follow-up action where appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the Line Manager including distributing post, word processing, preparation of PowerPoint presentations, drafting of letters, electronic communications, minute-taking, setting up and maintaining excel spreadsheets and data input into databases.
- Implement new and maintain existing databases, file management, diary management, photocopying and any other related duties.
- Plan, organise and prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines, as well as work with minimal supervision and attend meetings where required to record minutes, manage administration and assist with reports.
- Support and organise administration of the Loss of License Insurance scheme for Pilot and Flight Operation staff.
- Write & disseminate, after proper approvals, required team policies and procedures manuals that clearly defines the tasks, in line with HR policies and procedures in order that uniformity and consistency is practices all the time.
- Create and endorse workflows requests including but not limited to Urgent Approval Requests and purchase Orders.
- Act as the link between the department and other related QR departments as well as external stakeholders.
- Responsible for generating business documentation, including but not limited to report writing, presentation creation and spread sheet preparation and distribution.
- Coordinate a team of Office helpers and driver messengers for their task related duties and roster arrangements in line with agreed guidelines and procedures.
- Update the teams SharePoint site to enhance the efficiency of data retrieval/Management.
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct at all times with clients and colleagues.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience
- Excellent relationship and networking skills.
- Proven commercial skills and business acumen.
- Ability to develop a good network within QR.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and time management.
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- An eye for detail, including when under pressure.
- Ability to self-organise, manage time, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork and relationship building.
- Communication and Influencing.
- Proactive and strategic planner.
- Solution focused.
- Exhibits Integrity and honesty with the ability to gain the confidence and respect of others.
- Command of English language
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.