Contingent Upon Contract Award
Job Title: Fitness Manager
The Fitness Manager will set programs and services, such as physical fitness and wellness programs. The Manager shall actively engage with customers regarding programs and events and shall encourage participation. The Manager shall be present at events to effectively manage and monitor the programs.
Identify equipment needs and/or reductions and may recommend items for remodeling and repairing of facility, and upkeep of fitness equipment. Review ideas and implements new services or programs or implements improvements to existing services or programs. Schedule events reflective of community needs to maximize participation.
The Manager will have complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices.
RMS will be installation Support Services to the United States Armed Forces in Qatar as part of the AFCAP V Contract.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee successful operations of 24-hour Fitness Center and fitness & sports program ensuring all PWS requirements are maintained.
- Oversee the maintenance of the facility ensuring a clean, sanitary, presentable, professional work area free of dirt, debris, clutter, trash and dust.
- Oversee cleaning, maintenance and repairs of all fitness equipment related to the fitness program.
- Assist with other facilities or departments as needed to ensure mission success.
- Monitor all LN/OCN staff associated with the department and if needed other departments.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to officiate four (4) core sports inclusive of but not exclusive to flag-football, soccer, volleyball, and basketball.
- Ensure the minimum number of required tournaments, special events, fitness incentive programs, and aerobics/strength training classes IAW government requirements.
- Maintain that all fitness and gym equipment are working correctly and in good working condition.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in sports science, business administration or human resource management.
- Minimum two (2) years fitness facility management experience
- Must be familiar with appropriated funds (APF) and non-appropriated funds (NAF)
- Two (2) years of experience developing graphics for marketing, publicity and advertising.
- Valid CPR and First Aid certification.
- Valid Fitness/Personal Trainer Certification.
- Valid Group Fitness Instructor Certification.
- Intermediate in MS Office programs, Adobe Photoshop and web-based applications.
- Must have and maintain an Active Secret Clearance.
- Valid Driver’s License and be able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Must have a Valid US Passport