About the job
As a first Commis chef, you will be responsible for the execution of assigned work by the Chef de Partie / Demi Chef de Partie. To assist in preparation, cooking, dishing out of the food items as required in his section and in accordance with the airline specifications and standards whilst adhering food safety system.
- Facilitate hygiene and grooming standards is followed.
- Assign the staff to follow FIFO (First IN First OUT) system of handling raw materials and processed food at all times.
- Ensures that all the meals are produced according to the flight load given and tag with clear name and day code for easy handling.
- Co-ordinates with the staff to use raw materials efficiently with maximum yield and minimum wastage.
- Co-ordinates with DCDP for planning of the section and supports during menu presentation.
- Facilitates all assigned activities assigned and ensures that they are completed on time and the report is given based on production plan.
- Divides all the tasks assigned by his senior to his assistants.
- Follows instructions of seniors to help in smooth operation and assist Chef de Partie and Sous Chef in implementing new process or new cooking techniques.
- Provides all the information related to machinery failure and small equipment damages to Chef de Partie.
In order to be a successful in this role You should have at least a high school qualification and 3 years of job-related experience. It is highly beneficial if you have worked in a large catering environment or a five-star hotel and have knowledge and adherence to HACCP Policy and Standard Quality Procedures.
- Basic Food hygiene and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) skills.
- Awareness of new trends and directions in the fine dining service industry.
- Computer knowledge and know how to use computers for tracking and managing inventories.
- Ability to effectively supervise and train a large diverse work staff and experience in managing in a high-pressure environment.
- Planning and supervisory skills.
- Reading & Writing Skills
- Flexible in working hours and ability to work under pressure.
- Good Communication in English. (oral & written)
- Knowledge of Food Safety and Airside Safety.
- Knowledge of Menu Specification, Load Matrix, and Menu Cycles.