A person deemed competent by the Madina to monitor the work area during hot work or spark generating activities or when requested for potential spark throwing activities.
- Establish radio contact or other methods of contact with the Field Operator.
- Know the hazards that may he encountered during hot work procedures.
- Know the appropriate emergency responses in the event of an incident.
- Ensuring fire-fighting equipment is available and ready for immediate use.
- Ensuring that the worksite area is cleared of flammable and combustible materials.
- Ensuring drains are covered and sealed.
- Ensuring that guards/barriers/barricades are in place to contain the spark or welding spatter.
- Initiating emergency alarm and response should a fire or gas release occur in the area.
- Sign the workgroup declaration section of the hot work permit
- Perform no other duty that might interfere with their primary responsibility during the course of hot work activities
- Continuously monitoring the hot work activity and surrounding area
- Continue monitoring for at least 30 minutes after the work has been completed to allow the hot surface to cool and for the work area to be deemed safe
- Be familiar in the use of a portable gas detector during the work activity
- ITI Certificate
- Minimum of ten (5) years of broad experience in Oil and Gas safety.
- Ability to communicate in English with personnel at all levels of the project.
- Conversant with codes and standards of practice relevant to HSE
- Good written and verbal skills.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: apply.workable.com.