We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking fire, life and safety engineer to join our established and growing team in Qatar. Working in a client-facing role on some of the most complex and challenging projects or programmes being delivered anywhere in the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out a detailed design of various fire and life safety systems and facilities in accordance to the end-user requirement and to international fire design codes and specifications.
- Liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction/project.
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to architects, engineers, developers, contractors, building owners, and various fire department personnel by providing a technical interpretation of building and fire codes as they apply to a jurisdiction.
- Reviewing and ensuring drawings are prepared to the international standards level of acceptance.
- Preparing drawings, specifications, installation instructions for systems and equipment for contractors
- Designing and providing specification of fire and life safety systems, requirements and codes as per NFPA 101 Fire and Life Safety and ICC Fire Code.
- Reviewing site, construction, sprinkler, standpipe, fire alarm, and all other system plans to ensure that they conform to the applicable regulations, standards, and codes.
- Conducting fire safety and building code inspections of new and existing buildings, systems as well as buildings under construction for code compliance. Inspections will include the testing of fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and all other system types.
- Participating and conducting pre-tender conferences/meetings and post-tender meetings.
With a relevant degree qualification and internationally recognized certification in health and safety you will take personal development seriously.
You are digitally savvy and has knowledge of fire protection engineering methods and practices. You can build lasting client relationships, have local consultancy experience and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
At Mace, we empower our people to be collaborative, curious and embrace their entrepreneurial spirits. Regardless of years’ experience, it’s a place to grow and thrive. We offer competitive packages along with a host of learning and development opportunities to help your career stay on track.
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues and influential clients and get to see the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: www.macegroup.com.