Element Materials Technology
Element has an opportunity for a Fire Engineer / Fire Consultant to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to develop your Consultancy career within a Global TIC business.
Please note – Although Element is not actively hiring for this role, we are conducting interviews with professionals that could be shortlisted when the current crisis improves. You can learn more about this future opportunity and have your profile considered by expressing interest on our website.
- Provide strategic support and assist in achieving the financial and business objectives for the Consultancy division
- Technical analyses and calculations
- Drawing review
- Preparation of draft reports
- Liaison with clients and others within the design team
- Liaison with statutory authorities to gain approval to the design (where necessary)
- Use and development of computer models
- Site surveys and inspections
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering or mathematics degree
- Fire Safety experience, ideally between 3-5 years
- Experience of performance-based design
- Knowledge/experience of NFPA codes is desirable, but not essential
- Ability to provide strategic development of the division
- Ability to identify areas in which the division can improve
- Self-motivated professional with the commitment, drive and initiative to successfully execute targets assigned in line with business objectives
- A confident approach with the ability to foster a team and deal with others at all levels
- Excellent communications skills are required for this role
We are Element, one of the fastest-growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety – We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity – We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence – We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership – We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: element-ext-row.icims.com.