About the job
About The Role
You would be responsible in supervising the collection and deposit of sales generated at QAS Excess Baggage Counter, Porter Services, QDF Sales, GAVS cash handling. You should possess efficient planning, leading and managing the team to ensure Qatar Airways and Customer Airlines are provided with standardized service meeting the required level agreement. You would be also responsible for ensuring safe handling practices set as per ICAO and Local Airport Authorities and to deliver assigned task at various handling areas.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Cash handling risk accountable for any cash shortages i.e. Cash shortages will be deducted from the salary. Direct all agents in everyday operations ensuring smooth customer services and company procedures are to be strictly adhered.
- Ensure correct reporting of excess and shortages on a daily basis.
- Ensure all cash are handed over to CIT (cash in transit) company and deposited daily to company’s bank account.
- Account shift wise collection of cash and credit card.
- Monitor the performance and grooming of the staff and suggest necessary training needs.
- Assign or allocate employees to specific duties accordingly.
- Record critical incidences during the shift, to be recorded in a daily log book, for reference and senior management information.
- Ensure daily reports on shortages are escalated in a timely manner to duty managers and response received. Ensure that all the cash office activities are accomplished in accordance to the safety and security procedures.
- Responses to shortages from duty managers that are pending for more than 2 weeks to be escalated to Finance Supervisors.
- Pass the BRJVs for QDF and concessions collections information to the ERP system.
- Ensure daily cash collection is reconciled with Sales Report.
- Ensure documents are sent to Head office as per the agreed timelines.
- Replying to queries from head office, operations, Airlines and concessions and follow till closure.
- Arrange changes for big denomination from bank is done on a timely manner, as and when required.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- High School Qualification with Minimum 2 years of job-related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 1 years of job-related experience
- Should have cash and credit card handling experience.
- Excellent man-management skills along with good customer handling and communication skills.
- Exposure in MS office, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Oracle or any other ERP Systems