FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC
FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture, which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The FIFA Fan Fest is FIFA’s official public viewing event, which is an essential part of each FIFA World Cup since 2006. Over the last four editions, almost 40 million fans visited the FIFA Fan Fest to share emotions, celebrate together and enjoy the FIFA World Cup experience free of charge.
The FIFA Fan Fest Manager, a newly created position, is responsible for the successful implementation of one of the most exciting projects within the FIFA World Cup. In this role, the FIFA Fan Fest Manager works closely together with his/her counterpart in the FIFA headquarters, the Host Country / Supreme Committee and FIFA’s stakeholders. This position is a great opportunity to support the development of a landmark project in Qatar.
- Together with the FIFA Fan Fest™ Manager in Zurich, define the project scope, goals and the overall strategy for FIFA public events
- Manage all rights, obligations and requirements of all stakeholders involved in FIFA public events including the delivery of an event manual to local organizers and the development of rights packages made available to CA, MRLs and licensing partners.
- Oversee, with FIFA Fan Fest™ Manager in Zurich, the operational implementation of the FIFA public events program and oversee the sourcing, educating and coordination of the VMs prior to the events
Manage relationships with all local key stakeholders, including, Host Cities, Host Countries, CAs, MRLs, agencies, etc.
- Oversee the development of the scope, design and technical requirements for the core infrastructure and branding used on-site as well to ensure sufficient monitoring of the delivery by local organizers
- Oversee and coordinate the development of a promotion/communication strategy and a digital rights strategy for FIFA public events in collaboration with the FIFA Fan Fest™ Manager in Zurich
- Monitor Host City public events budgets and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
Coordinate the overall project management for FIFA public events with the FIFA Fan Fest™ in Zurich. Planning and preparation of adequate management reporting.
- Organize and deliver project workshops, site inspections and meeting weeks with relevant stakeholders
Set and continually manage, together with the FIFA Fan Fest™ Manager in Zurich, the project expectations with stakeholders
- Proactively manage changes in the project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
Evident skills in managing a team responsible to deliver the entire project
- Monitor and report progress of the Host City / Host Country public events programme
- Oversee correct usage of FIFA’s event marks in regards to FIFA public events and be fully responsible for all marks approvals
- Approve together with FIFA Fan Fest™ Manager in Zurich all public events activations by the Host City/Host Country