About the job
Field Service Manager (FSM) – Doha, Qatar
The Field Service Manager is an individual contributor working with an international team that is responsible for providing technical support on Collins Power & Controls systems and products to a portfolio of airline customers in Middle East, Africa, and Indian subcontinent Region.
The primary responsibility will be to assist customers in the resolution of Collins P&C systems issues impacting aircraft operations. The duties shall include: troubleshooting of Collins systems/components, analyzing failure data, directing customer repair activities, and assisting in aircraft testing. Additional activities also include assisting customer’s engineering, maintenance, quality, material, purchasing, production and training personnel in the operation, maintenance, repair and installation of Collins products by being responsive to customer’s spares, repairs, warranty and account receivable requirements. The FSM is also responsible for building a foundation that supports customer confidence in our products and services while representing the customer’s needs to Collins.
The FSM will be responsible for the timely resolution of airline technical inquiries, the ability to create innovative solutions to customer issues and the need for flexibility in working hours and scope is often required. Additionally, they are responsible for complying with RTX Ethic’s policies, EH&S and Export Controls requirements.
Other specific FSM functions may include:
- Attend regular operational/reliability meetings with Customers.
- Serve as the on-site technical focal for discussions on Collins P&C products.
- Plan and perform scheduled customer visits as required.
- Generate customer contact reports.
- Report significant product performance issues.
- Track, manage and drive resolution for Customer technical issues.
- Establish and maintain metrics in support of Core.
- Support Market Feedback Analysis process.
- Other tasks as required by leadership.