About the job
The Facility Manager is responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds of the client’s facilities, overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies, determining and scheduling repairs or renovation projects, and coordinating safety inspections. He/She will be in charge of a budget and must negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, repairs, and other measures.
The candidate shall demonstrate expertise in performing the following tasks:
- Ensure Tenants receive proper assistance from the outsourced companies,
- Discuss and assist outsourced companies in resolution of breakdown equipment in order to minimize resolution time,
- Visit & evaluate premises prior to Tenants move in to provide their requirements and after to check and estimate the cost of the maintenance
- Monitor Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) approved by Facilities Management, by reviewing reports, schedules, spare parts required to avoid major breakdown in equipment, buildings and to provide efficient service to business partners,
- Diagnose the problem providing technical reports to the Facilities Manager and advise rectification,
- Ensure that implementation is as per the technical standards and manufacturer’s recommendation and build up history for the electrical plants to avoid any recurring problem with the mechanical and electrical plants,
- Provide quality control support in terms of operation process, resolution time, and reduction in the number of business partner complaints,
- Assist the maintenance provider for trouble shooting HVAC issues by providing diagnosis from BMS for faster response,
- Generate equipment performance reports from Building Management System on a daily basis,
- Handover / Snags – Attend handover meetings and record snags to verify if the completion is as per specification and provide reports to management and follow up with the respective development team for proper completion,
- Verify garbage collection locations, waste materials collection etc., check whether the building is cleaned by the contractor or not,
- Water Features – Monitor the daily operation of all external water features and other external services including landscaping lighting, irrigation, and car parking
- Monitor planned PPM is carried out as per schedule and manufacturer’s recommendation
Duties And Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent,
- Minimum 10 years of experience with 3 years in the facilities management services field.
- Receptive to learning,
- Good Physical fitness,
- Valid driver’s license,
- Excellent communication skills in English. Arabic is a plus.