Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of an organization’s offices, ensuring that they meet legal requirements and health and safety standards.
What’s On Your Plate?
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary. Ex: Air conditioners, Elevators…. Etc
- Overseeing and agreeing on contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology and so on
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security
- ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Allocating and managing space between floors
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Helping businesses to relocate to new offices and to make decisions about leasing
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations.
What Did We Order?
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
- The ability to lead and manage teams and projects
- Commercial awareness
- Customer service
- Organisation, time management, prioritising and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
- A good knowledge of IT packages.