About the job
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Facilities Engineer (6 months) to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar. This role will only suit you, if you are in Qatar and able to start within 24 hours of client approval. You will need to give written confirmation from your sponsor (within 24 hours of being approved) that you are authorized to work with KEO for 6 months.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- Project managing, supervising and coordinating work of contractors.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises.
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Demonstrating knowledge of related Facility Management techniques, procedures, British and American codes and standards
- Demonstrating experience and capability in all aspects of Facility and Contract Management .
- Demonstrating ability to maintain a positive client relation and professional firm image.
- Communicating effectively, via both verbal and written communication.
- Preparing of reports as required by Senior Managers.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 7 years work experience partnered with a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or a Facilities Management field.