About the job
As an Executive Sous Chef, you will be responsible to to organize, supervise, and coordinate the work of a large staff providing culinary services per excellence, working closely with the Executive Chef and interacting on a regular basis with General Manager and other Senior Managers of the organization. You will be in charge in full shift during 24 hours operation in the absence of Executive Chef and Senior Executive Sous Chef.
To achieve success in this role you will need to:
- Ensure proper communication between Sous Chefs and Executive Chef.
- Schedules, assigns, trains, disciplines, and monitors the work of kitchen staff (cooks, Stewards and purchasing), participates in the preparation of foods as required.
- Train employees in new methods, techniques, and procedures in fine dining preparation.
- Coordinates kitchen activities with other unit supervisors and managers as required; plans the meal program.
- Maintains portion of food and monitor cost controls level.
- Monitor proper labelling and storage of foods and supplies.
- Inspects equipment and facilities to assure proper use, safety, maintenance, and sanitation.
- Conduct the internal production audit with the help of Sous chef to ensure all the production areas (including chillers, freezers, storage areas, decanting rooms) are maintain clean and tidy always and submit the report to Executive chef.
- Manage consistent smooth running of food production areas as per roster assignment.
- To ensure the production standards in terms of food quality and recipes are followed.
- Check the production plan as per Batch wise which link directly to flights departure.
- Participates and coordinates preparation of food in production area and estimates requirements according to the new menus.
- Co-ordinates with Planning team for upcoming new cycles requirements.
- Controls and analyse the quality of product and service to meet customer satisfaction.
- Monitors all meals and menus, supervises food preparation to include methods, portion control and garnishing; ensure attractive presentation of all foods.
- Maintain reports of incidents and accidents whatever happens in the production sections are reported to Executive Chef or higher management immediately and relevant forms filled up for recoding purpose.
- Analyse and reply the voyage reports received from quality assurance department, necessary corrective action and implementation done related to the VR in the sections.
- To monitor Yield report and provide feedback to purchasing in case of deviation.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
You should have at least a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of job related experience.
It is preferred if you have had experience as an Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef in a high volume environment. In addition, you will have the following job specific skills:
- Good working knowledge about Food and Beverages (HACCP), food safety and airside safety.
- Good Knowledge about food and beverages
- Strong knowledge of nouvelle cuisine, gourmet sauces, exhibition cooking, fine dining desserts, grade
- Mange preparation and high quality food preparation
- Fluent in reading, writing, speaking English
- Good Computer skills in MS Office
- Basic Food hygiene and HACCP ( Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Skills