About the job
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure construction and operation comply with HSSE regulations.
- Undertake daily HSSE inspection and recommend necessary corrective actions to the PMCs / Supervising Consultants and Contractors.
- Carry out accident investigation, confirm root cause and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Undertake planned & random HSSE audits and recommend improvement.
- Track and monitor HSSE violations.
- Monitor the implementation of HSSE program.
- Monitor HSSE performance of PMCs, Consultants and Contractors.
- Conduct random HSSE inspections to batching plants and labor camps and ensure relevant regulatory requirements are met.
- Spend majority of the time undertaking field inspection and follow up inspection.
- Communicate and report HSSE performance to the line management.
- Review and approve key HSSE documentation for project HSSE management.
- Produce inspection reports, accident/incident analysis trends as necessary.
- Conduct HSSE induction and awareness training.
- Implement payment deduction procedures for employees who do not comply with HSSE regulations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Environment science.
- Professional memberships such as IOSH,IIRSM, etc.
- 4+ Years working experience in construction HSSE in infrastructure projects.
- Working experience in GCC countries is preferred.
- Must have valid Qatar driving license.
- Experienced in contractor assessment and qualification regarding HSSE requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good team player.
- Computer literate, good report writing skills
- Able to prioritize work.
- Must be able to speak and write English or Arabic