As an Event Manager, you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition through:
Planning, managing, coordinating and executing Hamad International Airport’s program of events. Events include annual national holidays, events in collaboration with external stakeholders and companies, international and local conferences, exhibitions and mega sports events. Also assist with Qatar Airways Group events when required including events where the Qatar Airways Group brand can be showcased and promoted. The focus of these activities is to provide a platform from which to expand the HIA brand name locally and globally while protecting the corporate image.
- Develop guidelines and tools to help the events team execute promotional events programs whilst maintaining HIA standards of brand presentation.
- Develop a tool that assists in managing opportunities for cross-selling and maximizing ROI through collating all regional promotional activities into a consolidated calendar.
- Support the planning and execution process and encourage best practice through developing company approved materials and templates that the events team as well as individual teams can use to plan their events and exhibitions.
- Where appropriate, identify opportunities to support other departments in their initiatives to promote the Hamad International Airport brand at the regional and global level and ensure that the support they need is delivered.
- Support in meeting event requirements to streamline processes and, where possible to eliminate unnecessary expenditure.
- Identify and evaluate new opportunities to promote the HIA brand through new or extended programs of events and exhibitions locally.
- Ensure that at every HIA event or exhibition the company’s brand is showcased and positioned in the best possible way.
- Liaise with third parties such as event management companies, contractors, hotels venues, organizers and suppliers to ensure all logistical and operational aspects of each event and exhibition combine to create experiences that could reasonably be considered to be best-in-class across the airport and hospitality industry.
- Prepare and secure budgets for each component of HIA’s event and exhibition programme.
- As far as reasonably possible ensure that all events, exhibitions and associated projects are executed within budgets.
- Provide all guidance and training necessary to the events team to effectively deliver their obligations in respect to events and exhibitions.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an academic or related disciplines such as advertising, marketing, public relations or communications.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience and minimum two years managerial role.
- At least two years of experience in a role with a strong client focus.
- Strong facility for project management demonstrated by on-time and on-budget delivery of events and exhibitions or similar projects over a period of at least two years.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Planning and project management and proven track record of developing, planning and executing successful mega sports events.
- Must have excellent supplier management and negotiation skills and expertise in Brand engagement plan and execution.