Greeting from People Dynamics!
We are Qatar’s leading Manpower service and HR Solution provider, looking for an Estimator for our Qatar operation.
I am writing to check if you would be interested to pursue this opportunity.
Role For – Estimator
Location- Doha, Qatar
Company – One of the largest maritime and logistics companies with a focus on providing integrated transport and supply chain solutions.
- Prepare marine and non-marine tenders and cost estimates.
- Perform estimating tasks as assigned, ensuring that the estimating services provided would enhance the company’s image as being a full-service provider and competitively priced contractor.
- Review, inspect, clarify, interpret and develop a detailed scope of work for every project/job enquired by the client.
- Prepare quotations based on client’s repairs specifications, visit the sites/vessels for estimating the job scope prior to preparing quotes. Prepare technical tender specifications and forward to Manager – Estimation & Invoicing.
- Monitor the given job in progress with the estimated time frame and budgeted cost & plan.
- Seek cost/estimate for materials and specialist/subcontractor’s jobs.
- Visit onboard ship/work site for work follow-up and preparation of additional quotes/Invoicing on daily basis.
- Prepare and submit daily update costs to clients for major projects.
- Finalize repair invoices with the owner prior to departure of the vessel.
- Prepare draft invoice with details pertaining to quoted prices, actual booking cost, cost incurred and forward to Manager – Estimation & Invoicing.
- Coordinate with other departments within the Company for issues relating to all kinds of resource plans for cost estimation of jobs.
- Coordinate with the sales team to meet customer expectations.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Manager – Estimation & Invoicing and V.P. – Shipyard.
Diploma in Engineering Professional
5 – 10 years of experience in estimation and invoicing in the Shipyard.
Proficiency in MS office and web applications
Business fluent English and knowledge of Hindi will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of Estimation practices and techniques;
- Research skills and analytical thinking;
- Strong knowledge of general repair, outfitting and fabrication operations and services, mechanical and electrical engineering, hull coatings and steel repairs.
Please go through the job description and revert back with your updated resume along with the form attached in the mail so that we can proceed further with your candidacy.