About the job
Coastal Trading & EngineeringJob description: ESTIMATION MANAGER (STEEL FABRICATION)
Degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Estimation Manager capacity with Steel fabrication and/or Oil & Gas industry or in a related field.
- GCC experience is preferable
- Sound experience in modern techniques and machineries in use within the steel fabrication industry.
- Effective computer skills including estimating spreadsheets and word processing.
- Interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal, critical thinking, analytical & organizational skills, and time management skills
- Must have strong math skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Preparing full estimates for regular and complex steel fabrication works.
- Analyses drawings and specifications to prepare detailed quotes for projects.
- Communication with different subcontractors and evaluation of their scopes before incorporating their prices while preparing our quotes.
- Incorporates historical data from unit prices, purchase orders, subcontracts, and productivity analysis reports.
- Apply his knowledge and experience in fabrication techniques to estimate labour and material requirements. Communicate with the operations team when needed.
- Conclude the best possible cutting plans to minimize wastages and optimize utilization of materials.
- Minimize the required man hours to execute fabrication works by proposing the fastest, safest, and optimized flow of operations.
- Calculation of required logistics as a part of estimation.
- Provide leadership and ensure commercial capability exists to deliver the project.
- Study commercial and others terms of contract & evaluate risks.
- Maintain job cost accounting records (budget Vs actual).
- Serve as a resource for researching technical questions.
- Mentor and train department staffs.
- Timely reporting to Sr. Management.