About the job
Estimation Manager Manufacturing Division (Steel Fabrication)
- Review proposal specifications, drawings and attend pre bid meetings to determine scope of work and required content of estimate.
- Incorporate historical data from unit prices, purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports and prior estimates to determine bid price.
- Analyse blueprints and specifications to prepare bids for projects.
- Apply knowledge of construction techniques, principles and processes to estimate labor and material needs.
- Mentor and train department staff.
- Prepare budget estimates.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of costs and market trends
- Procure subcontractor quotes and ensure adequate coverage pre bid
- Consult with subcontractors and vendors to formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Conduct studies and computes bids to develop useful data for repeat customer estimates.
- Maintain job cost accounting records on projects with close out report with estimate Vs actual costs
- Serve as a resource for researching technical questions REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering or equivalent combination of training and work experience
- Minimum of 8-12 years experience as an engineer, estimator, detailer or similar role in the manufacturing, medium and heavy steel fabrication, oil and gas construction industry or a related field.
- Gulf experience is preferred.
- Good technical experience in all cost management areas; pre-contract, post-contract and final account.
- Effective computer skills including computer estimating spreadsheets and word processing.
- Interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, Critical thinking, analytical, and organizational skills, Time management skills
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Nationality: Any