- Assist the environmental Compliance Manager for the implementation and oversight of Installation environmental SOW, SOP’s and hazardous material management plans for all installation facilities and tenant units.
- Inspect and provide guidance on safe storage and handling of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.
- Maintain Installation Master Chemical Inventory of hazardous materials.
- Maintain Installation Master Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Inventory.
- Inspect and provide guidance on identification and labeling of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.
- Inspect and provide guidance on hazardous materials classification and segregation.
- Distribute HWAPs and associated material requirements to all tenants that generate waste; and maintain required documentation.
- Respond to spills and be part of a spill clean up team.
- Report deficiencies to Environmental Compliance Manager for corrective action & follow-up.
- Educate and train installation personnel in the proper turn-in and documentation procedures for hazardous materials, hazardous waste, and recycling programs
- Complete documentation for the reutilization and reissue of hazardous materials.
- Conduct recycling procedures and documentation of used batteries.
- Coordinate and assist installation and all tenant units with environmental needs as required.
- Wear and maintain required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as applicable
- Other duties as assigned by Environmental Compliance Manager
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Major Job Activities:
- Conduct monthly and non-routine environmental inspections of all facilities throughout the installation.
- Inspect all installation Hazardous Waste Accumulation Points (HWAPs).
- Conduct operations of the Hazardous Waste Storage Facility to include;
- Receive, store and submit for disposal hazardous materials and hazardous waste from tenant units.
- Organize/segregate hazardous material/waste according to hazmat class.
- Maintain the Chemical Inventory/Safety Data Sheet files for each storage bay.
- Conduct weekly inspections to ensure proper safety and storage of all hazardous materials stored.
- Complete all documentation, marking and labeling of hazardous materials.
- Complete all documentation for disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Work Order response
- Hazardous Waste Response/Cleanup
- Maintain results of inspections and maintain associated documentation and files.
- Take follow-up and corrective actions for deficiencies noted.
- Conduct environmental and safety training to all tenant units handling hazardous wastes and hazardous materials.
- Member of Installation Spill Response Team as a primary emergency response team member.
- Report writing, inspection documentation, and general office work
- Attend meetings and advise DPW in the absence of the Environmental Compliance Manager
- Perform other activities as stipulated in the PWS and/or SOP
Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma
- 40 HR HAZWOPER Certification
- 8 HR Supervisor
- CPR/First Aid
- QDL or the ability to obtain a QDL
- 4 years Environmental Experience
- Must have proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Have analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Be able to work with little or no supervision
- Work in a team environment
- Be able to read, interpret and enforce military regulations.