An exciting opportunity to join the Qatar Aircraft Catering Company. In this role you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of best practices to ensure Qatar Aircraft Catering Company complies with Environment Management System standards. The role shall contribute to the due diligence work of QACC related to environmental sustainability including the development of standards, procedures, and policies. The role shall also contribute to the QACC’s efforts on environmental sustainability knowledge management and capacity development.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Establish, implement and maintain an Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO 14001 – 2015 or any latest versions of ISO 14001 requirements.
- Ensure the Environmental Policy and objectives are implemented consistently across all QACC departments.
- Provide coaching to Management and staff to ensure compliance with environmental standards and regulations. Ensure all environmental standards are met through adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and that any deviations are identified escalated and corrected immediately.
- Prepare, evaluate and review environmental programs and process procedures and guidelines and ensure implementation.
- Carry out internal and external audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Environmental Management systems and procedures, identify and implement improvements.
- Responsible for undertaking inspections, carrying out investigations, keeping records and writing environmental safety case reports.
- Implement and maintain programs to achieve and track progress toward Environmental targets and objectives.
- Work with the HR, Training and Development team to ensure relevant and regular training interventions in relation to environmental management are delivered to all personnel.
- Manage the collection, storage and analysis of environmental data and produce management reports, identify trends and recommend action.
You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of job-related experience. It is highly beneficial if you have worked in a large catering environment or a five-star hotel and have knowledge and adherence to HACCP Policy and Standard Quality Procedures.
It is preferred if you have:
- 3 years of experience in an environmental management system certification role.
- Experience in the deployment of environmental management programs.
- Experience in supervising professional and technician level personnel, developing environmental programs and guidelines.
- Certified Lead Auditor on environmental management systems
- Proficient in Environmental management systems ISO 14000 standards.
- Command of English language
- Genuine Interest in and understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation and sustainability.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in the functional areas.
- Ability to apply Environmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within a diverse work environment and assist in compliance with environmental regulations.