IAP Worldwide Services
The candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance.
The Site Manager (SM) will coordinate all work prioritization, investigation, and overall Group design and construction program integration in an effort to deliver quality projects on time and within budget. The SM shall attend engineering, base logistics, deployment, exercise, safety, and force protection meetings as required and will be the primary focal point for the services listed above. The SM shall be an engineer (licensed engineer is preferred) having a minimum of 10 years of experience in the engineering/construction management industry. Experience as an Engineering Flight Chief in an Air Force Civil Engineer Squadron is desirable.
- Interpret or develop operational plans to achieve contract objectives and prepare schedules and budgets to meet project requirements.
- The Contractor shall interpret and adapt traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
- The Contractor shall assist in preparing conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment, and specifications.
- The Contractor shall assist in developing cost estimates, drawings, statements of work, bills of materials, time schedules, and submittal registers as required; review and analyze preliminary and final designs, plans, and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy.
- Working through Finance, prepare budgets and cash flows to manage project costs and revenues throughout the process.
- Develop labor and material estimates to support proposed project schedules.
- Interpret and explain plans, budgets, and schedules to administrative and support staff, subordinate supervisors, and client representatives.
- Responsible for client relations throughout the project life ensure open and positive communications and facilitates change management and dispute resolution
- Manage tasks in the field, including day-to-day coordination of resource allocations, quality control, project safety, management oversight, and integration of plans and schedules to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives.
- Identifies project changes and conflicts and coordinates through contracting to resolve conflicts and negotiate required modifications.
- The SM shall ensure that Contractor personnel are effectively working on the Government’s priorities, and shall communicate any delays or unexpected situations to the COR in a timely manner.
- The SM shall coordinate with the Government COR to determine and agree to reasonable completion dates for all assigned work. If a completion date cannot be met, the SM shall notify the COR at the earliest opportunity and shall provide the COR with the rationale for delay and propose a revised completion date with justification
Level Of Supervision
Education & Experience:
BS in Engineering, with a minimum 10 years of experience, registered Professional Engineer (PE) with experience in management and supervision of engineering staff. Knowledge of principles of engineering, planning, project programming, and ability to interpret plans and drawings.
Experience as an Engineering Flight Chief in an Air Force Civil Engineer Squadron is desirable.
License & Certifications
Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
Knowledge & Skills
- Interpersonal skills for customer interface
- Strong working knowledge of performance-based contracting. Leadership ability in managing contracts in a safe, reliable and timely manner. Proven capabilities in operations management, financial and operational cost control, business development, and profit and loss responsibility. Strong
- Knowledge of compliance with OSHA and Safety Regulations