About the job
Company Name: NKOM – Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd
Work Location: Ras Laffan, Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose
Accountable for the proposal management including but not limited to preparation, review, submission and discussion with client.
1) Assists to develop the Proposal Plan and review the Enquiry Summary.
2) Co-organizes and holds the bid kick-off meeting.
3) Carry out Risk assessment for the enquiry in pre-bid stage.
4) Prepare the BoD paper/resolution, if needed.
5) Defines the bid cost structure, with the support of the OIEI Estimator.
6) Manages the interfaces with all NKOM departments, Partners and Client
7) Provides review assistance to the approval of the scope of work of each party involved in the bid.
8) Review the cost estimate developed by the OIEI Estimator.
9) Identifies the pre-bid agreements to be completed, if necessary.
10) Provides review assistance to the approval of the cost estimate of internally performed activities developed by the OIEI Estimator and based on the evaluations made by the other technical departments (Engineering, Procurement & Supply Chain, Quality Systems & Assurance).
11) Provides review assistance to the approval of the preliminary project cash flow developed by the OIEI Estimator and discuss with the Shipyard Finance Manager.
12) Provides review assistance to the endorsement of the project organization, overall project schedule, overall execution plan, overall resources plan developed by the Operations coordinator.
13) Integrates proposal packages and reconciles possible discrepancies.
14) Prepare, take department approval and submit the proposal to the Client.
Key Result Areas
- Accurate & thorough Proposal preparation in line with Bid requirement
- On-time proposal submission – Meeting tender delivery timelines
- Work Win Rate.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- A Degree or Diploma in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motor Ship) or its equivalent.
- Alternatively, experience in on-shore and industrial engineering fabrication, design and construction activities.
At least 3 years of relevant working experience.