As Engineer Hold Baggage Screening System (HBSS), you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition:
- Responsible to ensure appropriate maintenance, enhancement, optimization, and project activities for HBSS are done at the right time with the most cost-effective solution. This shall include budget estimates and development of TOR and specification documents
- A subject matter expert in Hold Baggage Screening system with advance in-depth knowledge of the systems and technology as well as AVSEC regulations.
- Accountable to provide leadership and guidance to the O&M Contractors, BHS&HBSS Technical team and BHS&HBSS project team
- Responsible for the expansion projects related to HBSS in both Doha International Airport (DIA) and Hamad International Airport (HIA).
- Perform as HBSS Subject Matter Expert in all the project activities including Airport expansion, Infrastructure modification/upgrade, operations enhancement/optimization and Assets/Quality/Environmental/Safety/Security/Emergency/ Business Continuity management systems projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferably in the field of Industrial Control System, Electrical, Mechatronics, or Computer or equivalent. Master’s degree will be highly advantageous.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the design, installation, QA/QC, T&C, and/or O&M of an in-line matrixed/networked HBSS of 4,800BPH or higher. A certified field engineer (or equivalent) for a CT based HBSS from at least one major HBSS manufacturer.
- Advance knowledge of the hold baggage screening systems including regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Advance skills in numerical analysis and mathematics.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, able to write TOR, technical Specifications, and contract documents.
- AVSEC PMC certified by ICAO will be highly advantageous.
- Certificate in LEAN or Lean Six Sigma, and Data analysis, simulation & forecast skills will be an advantage.