The Engineer – BMS-HVAC Specialist is primarily responsible for the operation, maintenance, corrective actions, BMS/HVAC Permit-to-Work system and future planning of the BMS as well as HVAC. Responsibilities also include providing a team approach to general Permit-to-Work authorization/investigation, contractor oversight, troubleshooting, budgeting input and facilities emergency response. Other duties include undertaking cross-training to fill in for the other Specialist Engineers while on leave or unavailable.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acts as Lead signatory Authority for Permit-to-Work
- Preliminary change request inspection
- Evaluation and assessment of a change request with the ability to make design recommendations based on the current design.
- Authorized to discontinue work in progress for safety reasons and or effecting Sidra day to day operation
- Involved in all procurement processes and service agreements related to BMS-HVAC.
- Addresses end-user/staff requests specific to facilities but not specific to the particular engineering discipline
- Manages all permit-to-work processes related to Facilities Operation and Maintenance.
- Ensures that contractors meet the requirements of Sidra in all aspects.
- Undertakes project supervision & execution adhering to designed Quality and Safety requirements.
- Assists in emergency response activities
- Supports all licensure and regulatory surveys with requested documentation, drawings, etc.
- Handles Operation, maintenance, installation, Testing, Commissioning of HVAC systems such as Chillers, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Heat Exchangers, Pot Strainers, AHUs, FCUs.
- Monitors operation and maintenance of BMS and HVAC equipment.
- Ensures that the BMS is operated safely and efficiently in accordance with the policy and procedure.
- Acts in accordance with the Sidra policy on the provision of services provides advice on the provision and/or replacement of HVAC systems.
- Troubleshoots and fixes day to day operational problems relating to BMS.
- Provides technical advice to those responsible for the purchase of any equipment which will be both affecting & affected by the HVAC system in order to avoid insufficient capacity and inadequate flow rates.
- Carries out frequent QA/AC checks and report findings for HAVC, BMS and any system as directed by the Lead engineer.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra’s Values
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in a relevant field
5+ years in healthcare relevant system