We are looking for an Energy Engineer to develop, design and implement tailored and innovative solutions to drastically reduce our customers’ energy consumption and carbon emissions, while meeting the financial and business requirements of our customers. You will be involved both in the prospecting phase, to carry out rapid preliminary studies with qualified clients, and in the project development phase for detailed studies that will be the basis for turnkey projects in Qatar with guaranteed performance that we deliver to our clients. As such, you are an essential player in the sales phase, but also in the execution and guarantee phases, as a technical guarantor of the consistency and performance of our projects from their genesis to their operation phase.
These missions will be carried out at the heart of a close-knit team including sales representatives, expert engineers and project managers within the rapidly expanding Energy Performance Services entity. The target market primarily includes infrastructure and industrial sites.
- Independently perform preliminary and detailed energy audits (ASHRAE Level 1,2 and 3) to qualify, identify and quantify simple to complex Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) to convert qualified leads into strong business case.
- In the pre-sales phase, you are responsible for all technical subjects, from the initial idea to the signing of the contract, including visits to complex industrial sites, energy analyses of energy production and distribution installations, consumer processes, the design and dimensioning of advanced technical solutions, calculations of savings and corresponding investment costs, the development of specifications for subcontractors, the development and implementation of IPMVP-type measurement and verification.
- In addition to carrying out project studies, you ensure sustained exchanges with the customer’s technical teams (Process, Utilities, Maintenance, Quality) as well as active participation in negotiations alongside the sales teams with decision-makers in Purchasing, CAPEX/Investments and Industrial Performance/Technical Management.
- In the project and guarantee (service) implementation phases, you are an active support and bring your technical and energy expertise during the execution arbitrations and during the implementation of measurement and verification services (MnV),
- You maintain the highest quality assurance in project or service development processes, including the management of internal contacts and transfer to project execution and later service execution.
- Coordinate facility site visits and communicate requirements with customer, internal resources and outside vendors/subcontractors on ECMs
- Follow all internal, external processes and coordination with stake holder for innovative and flawless solution Development
- Develop energy calculations, preliminary and detailed reports and contract exhibits; assists in proposal development
- Develop savings M&V plan compliant to local and international standards
- Apply building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings
Shared Tasks And Responsibilities
- Provide review of subcontractor proposals, rectify gaps in savings calculations and scopes of work
- Testing new products/solutions and Development of new Energy and water savings ECMs
- Support in standardizing processes and documentations related to Energy Audits and Projects
- Develop vendors, subcontractors to carry out retrofit work related to energy business.
- To be successful in this role, you will need extensive technical exposure to HVAC systems, building controls, lighting, building envelope, electrical and domestic water systems and certifications in Energy such as CEA/CEM/CMVP etc.
- At least 5 + years of Experience in Energy Performance Contracting project development and Energy Audits is essential.
- You will need ability to work with different stake holders in Energy Business; internal and external with sound Knowledge of Facility Management processes followed in the building industry.
- You are creative, autonomous and rigorous, and know how to find innovative solutions in line with customer needs and financial and environmental imperatives.
- Teamwork is essential for you, as is field work and interaction with customers, from operational teams to decision-makers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.