This position is NOT located in the United States. Must be willing to relocate to Doha, Qatar. See a video about life at Texas A&M University at Qatar at http://www.qatar.tamu.edu/i-am/a-prospective-or-a-new-employee/.
In addition to the benefits offered by Texas A&M University, Texas A&M at Qatar provides full-time employees with a robust package of incentives, allowances, and benefits based on employees’ experience, title, and family situation. Faculty and staff receive either furnished housing or a monthly housing allowance, as well as a monthly transportation allowance and an annual allowance to cover the cost of travel to their home country. Texas A&M at Qatar also covers private school tuition for Pre-K through Grade 12 for up to 4 child dependents or provides an allowance for home schooling. All faculty members and staff members with 5 or more years of A&M System experience in Texas receive a significant salary premium that enhances their TRS annuity or ORP account value. Texas A&M at Qatar provides local insurance coverage and tax preparation services at no cost to employees; additional types of leave that ease the burden of traveling to one’s home country; and reimbursements for compassionate travel. Texas A&M at Qatar also coordinates and pays for the relocation and repatriation of employees and their families, and provides cash allowances for both. For more information about these and other incentives, allowances, and benefits, please contact email@example.com. Furthermore, see a video about life at Texas A&M University at Qatar at https://www.qatar.tamu.edu/i-am/faculty-and-staff .
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website .
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience in program development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Requires analytical and computer skills.
- Ability to manage a project to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Requires ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience implementing emergency management plans and programs in a Higher Education environment, including exercise development, execution, and evaluation.
- Experience working with Qatar Foundation personnel and programs.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge in maintaining a facility, ordering supplies and working with building maintenance personnel and vendors, building security and transportation management.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Certification in one or more of the following disciplines: IS-700 NIMS , an Introduction, FEMA ICS -100 Introduction to the Incident Command System, FEMA ICS -200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents.
Emergency and Crisis Management Preparedness:
- Responsible for update, revision, and management of the TAMUQ Crisis Contingency Plan, Emergency Evacuation Plan, and Emergency Operations Plan, and other related documentation.
- Develops policies and procedures related to emergency preparedness to ensure alignment with State of Qatar, Qatar Foundation, Texas A&M University laws and regulations.
- Plans and coordinates emergency planning and disaster response exercises to prepare personnel to respond quickly and effectively to emergencies in accordance with FEMA ICS principles.
- Coordinates after-action reviews and assists in the development of action plans and timelines for accomplishing outstanding tasks.
- Participate in the Education City Hazard Vulnerability Assessment and Planning group, Overseas Security Advisory Council- Qatar.
- Plans, designs, and executes emergency and disaster preparedness training and simulation exercises.
- Develops educational materials for circulation to the campus community regarding emergency preparedness and security requirements.
- Monitors intelligence related to emergencies or emerging hazards that may impact campus personnel and operations, and provides recommendations to administration on the appropriate response actions.
- Investigates, researches, and makes recommendations regarding best practices in emergency preparedness and disaster response.
- Oversite of TAMUQ Facility Emergency Coordinator contractor.
- Develops and executes training program to ensure that contracted guard force maintains a high level a readiness for security and medical events occurring in the TAMUQ building.
- Development, implementation, and management of building access policies and procedures.
- In the event of an emergency, act as liaison with emergency response personnel with a focus of life safety, incident stabilization, and property preservation.
- Point of contact for security issues requiring escalation beyond the contracted security guard force.
- Coordination with Qatar Foundation groups with responsibilities for Security Operations.
- Responsible for Clery Statistics tracking and review.
- In accordance with the Jean Clery Act, this position is a designated Campus Security Authority.
- Assist EHS personnel in the event of Hazardous Material incidents or other lab-related emergencies.
- Assist Facilities personnel in the event of building system failure (e.g. broken pipe).
- Community outreach for personal preparedness programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.