Under supervision, engages in highly technical systems design with complete knowledge of all aspects of most every Physical Security System, involving a significant group of sub-systems under the physical security function. Analyzes client needs and provides detailed design and implementation plans for clients, based upon their needs and requirements. Provides support during pre-sales, Implementation and Post-Sales Support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the Sr. Physical Security Engineer or Technical Manager performs detailed and cost-effective Project/Pre-Sales Engineering for all areas of ELV systems, specifically in the area of Physical Security Systems;
- Designs install, configures and tests active components of Security System as directed;
- Understands and follows industry standards related to Physical Security;
- Recommend upgrades or system improvements on a maintained system as required;
- Addresses product-related issues with manufacturer TAC/support staff;
- Makes inquiries to multiple industry vendors and equipment providers;
- Maintains certifications and knowledge of technology developments in his area of expertise;
- Supports Implementation Team as Project Engineer as directed, providing basic engineering support and detailed knowledge in his area of expertise;
- Assists in the development of written procedures related to the position;
- Perform other tasks related as delegated by the direct manager or superior.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree BS from an accredited university in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ relevant experience in CCTV, Access Control, Gate Barriers, Intercoms, Time attendance, and Parking Management Systems, VMS, Intermediate Structured Cabling and Basic Networking.
- Certification in any Physical Security system, but preferably Video Security Certification by NICET or BICSI.
- Implementation experience in basic networking and structured cabling implementation, including installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and experience in Network related issues is a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Reads and understands shop drawings and specifications.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Customer Service oriented, maintaining professional Client Relationships.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The position is time-intensive, depending on the project and may involve travel and frequent off-site travel.
- Ability to adapt to industry developments and new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated, requiring no special training/coaching.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Works well under pressure.