About the job
Description of Services:
The Contractor shall provide civil/structural, electrical, fire protection, and mechanical engineering services; architectural services; construction project monitoring and inspection services; to augment in-house capabilities for these service areas for the AFCENT PMO. The Contractor shall support as needed, cradle to grave functions for base engineering requirements, requirements assessment, planning, project development, construction management, and project closeout. The following paragraphs further characterize this requirement.
The Contractor Shall
- Review and analyze preliminary, interim, find project plans and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy.
- Review and provide general oversight on Host Nation funded project development work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, according to all laws, codes, guidelines, and criteria as required. Projects are related to a wide variety of facilities and infrastructure systems, including: earthwork; airfield and roadway pavement systems; high and low voltage electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); water and sewage (plumbing); fire suppression; control and alarm systems; etc. which interface with other engineering specialties.
- Interpret methods and approaches in developing project calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
- Review and provide general oversight on conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent project features, material, equipment, and specifications.
- Review and analyze preliminary and final project plans and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy.
- Coordinate all project phases with appropriate managers and staff elements, and shall maintain current engineering data for assigned projects.
- Coordinate projects with engineers in other disciplines, operations personnel (e.g., Electric, Power Production, HVAC, Structures, Pavements and Equipment, and Utilities shops) and other entities to include Wing Safety, Force Protection, Security Forces, Communications, Fire Department, and Medical Group to ensure safety, constructability, operability, maintainability, and all project considerations have been addressed.
- Perform reviews of Host Nation funded engineering investigative services as requested by the AFCENT PMO. Investigations can include electrical power studies, water and waste water flow and system testing and analysis, and HVAC testing, among others.
- Monitor or assist in managing projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities and infrastructure utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering. Projects include work on roads, drainage systems, utility systems, installation utility plants, airfield runways, maintenance shops/hangars, recreation facilities, administrative offices, dormitories, etc.
- Review as-built drawings at the end of construction
- Monitor or assist in managing new projects for construction, renovations and improvements to real property facilities from start to finish, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of civil/structural, mechanical and electrical engineering with no more than two (2) missed inspections, pre-construction surveys, surveys, or reviews per month.
- Maintain surveillance over construction contractors to ensure overall compliance with contracted specifications, schedules, approved drawings and statement of work.
- Assist in managing assigned projects and review specifications and schedules.
- Inspect construction for compliance and assist with resolution of differences between the Government and construction contractors.
- Efficiently use computers/computer software including Microsoft Office, computer aided design and drafting (CADD) programs (AutoCAD), and project tracking programs (Microsoft Project), GIS, and other engineering calculation software packages to solve engineering problems and facilitate work as needed.
- Perform work in construction management, installation development, and/or O&M functions. The Contractor shall monitor or assist in managing construction projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities from start to finish, including the performance of pre-construction site surveys all the way to completion of as-built drawings.
- Comply with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and perform work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment. The Contractor shall ensure federal and local codes concerning health, safety, and environment to include DoD, Air Force engineering design guidance and standards such as UFC, AFIs (Series 32), Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC) laws, codes, guidelines, criteria, and standards in the design and construction of real property facilities.
- Assist in base master planning, community planning initiatives and assist the Chief of Portfolio Optimization by ensuring new project requirements comply with current and in-work Site Master Plan (SMP).
- Prepare necessary documents and presentations accurately and timely.
- Review and coordinate document preparation, implementation, and maintenance of the SMP.
- Maintain the SMP in a current status and implement changes as the mission directs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience