Senior ELV Engineer
Develop the electrical/ELV design, as well as participate in the documentation and contract administration on projects, while working as a part of the project team.
- Contribute to successful project completion by providing technical services in accordance with project time and quality.
- Maintain, enhance and apply both design and technical knowledge ensuring production of high quality drawings.
- Electrical design of lighting, LV supply and small power distribution, earthling and lightning protection, fire and voice alarm systems, low current and extra low voltage services, automatic controls, BMS, CCTV, ACS, IPTV, GRMS, Intercom, Lighting Control, ICT as well as other related electrical utility systems as assigned.
- Preparation of electrical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents.
- Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings.
- Coordination with other discipline engineers as applicable for the continuity of the design process.
- Ensuring adherence to Corporate Standards. Ensuring that all activities are performed in a safe.
- Ensuring the relevant QA procedures are followed. Maintain, develop and retain the highest appropriate standard of technical skill.
- Commit to continual professional development and learning on relevant technological, business and human relationship matters.
- Preparation of Electrical reports and drawings to ensure quality of output. Provide high level technical expertise when applying Electrical engineering principles, techniques and methods to the planning and design of building services projects. Ensure all quality and environmental aspects of the project are identified and addressed to maintain effective operation and project delivery.
Specific Skills Required:
- Candidates would ideally have experience in the Design of Electrical systems on Building projects.
- Be knowledgeable in electrical building design services, associated electrical regulations and technical standards.
- Have experience in the design of medium voltage ,emergency backup generators, low voltage main switchboards for normal and emergency power supply, motor control centers (MCC’s), sub-main distribution boards (SMDB’s), final distribution boards (DB’s), raceways, cable trays, cabling and wiring, control equipment and the like, lighting installations, power outlets and wiring accessories, cable management systems, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), central battery system (CBS), earthling system and lightning protection system, building management system (BMS), closed-circuit television (CCTV), access control system (ACS), internet protocol television (IPTV), guest room management system (GRMS), intercom, lighting control, information and communication technologies (ICT). Should be knowledgeable in building design services, associated regulations and technical standards.
- Experience in MEP Revit, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Effective communication skills. Good attention to detail.
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.