University Foundation College
To teach on the Pre-International Foundation (Pre-IFY) and Programme and the International foundation year (IFY) as appropriate; To act as a tutor/co-tutor to a group of students and any other duty assigned by the Head of Academics.
- To take attendance of students in the tutor group
- To teach IFY International Foundation Year students at specified periods in the time table
- To prepare lesson plans and a scheme of work/programme of study for the classes to be taught
- To prepare a course handbook for the subject area under the following headings:
- Introduction to subject area
- Course expectations
- Aims and objectives of subject area
- Structure of lessons
- Syllabus structure
- Brief Summary of each unit of the syllabus
- Reading Lists/Material
- To give continuous assessment tests as at when due and ensure the marks are ready on specified dates given in order to meet up with the deadline for sending reports
- Be involved or assist in organising extracurricular activities within the school.
- Be involved in invigilating students in internal examinations as well as during the entrance examinations conducted for new students. Entrance examination is scheduled for some Saturdays.
- To give pastoral care to a group of students.
- To participate in any cross college CPD as and when required.
- Create and complete student perception questionnaires on entry, in December and January as a minimum
- Create and improve the use of the VLE and record and monitor student attendance and progress as directed.
- Maintain standards expected by award making bodies, industry and students.
- Work with other lecturers to identify and support those students at risk of non-completion of their programme.
- Support the team of specialist and vocational teachers to embed skills in the subjects they deliver
- Prepare teaching materials and practical exercises in line with the syllabus and in conjunction with the NCUK and NCC programme of study.
- Attend and participate in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) as and when required.
- Undertake such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may reasonably be required.
Education: Minimum Qualification: Degree or postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject/education.
Master’s Degree is desirable in the subject field.
University of Cambridge International Examinations Professional Development Courses and Certificate (AS/A level & IGSE) is an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum 5 Years teaching experience (at Secondary/Higher Education level)
- English as the first language
- Have sound content knowledge of the subject area. Must have wide experience of teaching British Curriculum at Advanced Level/Foundation Year Level or any vocational qualifications.
- Ability to take up additional responsibilities outside the role of teaching the students.
- Ability to demonstrate how learning can be achieved in the classroom.
- Ability to demonstrate good presentation methods and appropriate use of a wide range of educational resources.
- Good observation skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a professional approach to all routine tasks and displays a sense of responsibility at all times.
- Focused on the delivery of customer service to everybody on the school premises.
- Excellent time management and team-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- ICT literate.
- Task Focused, proactive and disciplined with a sense of integrity.
- Smart, well-groomed and confident with a professional attitude at all times.
- Possess a friendly, approachable personality.
- Can pass a personal identity check and produce references.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET THE CRITERIA. SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Send your document as mentioned below,
- COVER LETTER
- CURRENT CV
- PHOTO ID