The School is seeking to appoint a well-qualified EYFS Teacher with effect from August 2021. You must have recent experience working as an EYFS Teacher in a school.
Our Primary School consists of FS, KS1, and KS2. There are between four and seven classes in each year group which are led by Year Group Leaders. Regular assemblies and activity programmes help to enrich the National Curriculum and EY Framework. TAs, LSAs, SEN and EAL specialist teachers are employed to support our teaching and learning programs and we have a dedicated team of teachers who provide Music, PE, and Modern Languages. All staff receives generous PPA time and a comprehensive CPD and INSET programme. Primary staff is furnished with an iPad to supplement the existing IWB and PC technologies.
The Primary School has 12 classes in each block with dedicated teacher workrooms where you can do your PPA. The workrooms have desks, lockable lockers, and access to printers.
All classrooms have the latest Interactive Touch Screen Boards and easy access to carefully landscape indoor and outdoor play areas.
Applicants should be committed and outstanding role models to staff, students, and parents, with the ability to lead by example, and possess excellent IT, organizational and communication skills.
Our Teachers are responsible for delivering high-quality learning in an organized, happy, and safe environment. They work together with other teaching colleagues in medium and short-term planning, target setting, and monitoring to ensure challenge and the very best possible progress for every pupil. They participate in the broader life of the school, enriching the learning experience for students.
As an International school specializing in the British Curriculum to a diverse international student population, a strong English language is an essential requirement, and applications from native-level speakers of English will be preferred.
For more information please refer to the separate Job Description and Person Specification provided, available on our TES vacancies page which can be found here; https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/oryx-international-school-1081246
Benefits of working at an Orbital Education School
Orbital Education https://orbitaled.com/ focuses on delivering the very best in British education to its students around the globe. It’s an expanding group with schools already in Spain, Hungary, Slovenia, China, Russia, Ecuador, and the Middle East, with exciting plans to develop new schools across the globe. Key reasons to work at an Orbital Education School include:
1. Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and students worldwide
2. Enhanced professional development opportunities, through partnerships with specialist learning providers to offer recognized and accredited professional development programmes.
3. Opportunities for both career development and movement within the group, providing the opportunity to see the world whilst progressing an attractive and rewarding career.
All applications must be made on the TES Application System
All candidates must;
1. Complete all questions on the Online Application Form.
2. Supporting statement should be no less than 500 words and no more than 1000 words, and should relate directly to the specific role applied for and cover:
- your motivation for working in education
- a brief description of the philosophy of education that shapes your particular style of teaching
- what attracts you to the position
- how you feel your experience, skills and personal qualities qualify you to take on the role with details of any unique teaching methods or techniques that you have developed or employ
- what extra-curricular activities you can lead, supervise or have participated in
- any other information, you would like the selection panel to know
Incomplete applications will not be considered and all applications will be acknowledged on receipt, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the school, Oryx International School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interviews will take place in Doha and/or via Zoom. You will be contacted with arrangements ahead of interviews taking place. The school is following all the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.