About the job
Under the guidance of the Front Office Manager assess, evaluate and ensure that long-term and short-term the department are met. Support and assist Front Office and all Departments in the hotel to ensure a smooth, prompt and effective service to all guests.
Direct and manage Front Office in absence of the Front Office Manager, respectively Assistant Front Office Manager.
The Job Of Duty Manager Is Executed Satisfactorily When
- Revenues, Expenses and Profit is closely monitored and budgeted figures (over)-achieved.
- Financial Policies and Procedures are supported and followed.
- LQA (Leading Quality Assurance) audit results are 85% and above.
- CSS (Customer Satisfaction Survey) results are rated on an average with “5” and above.
- ESS (Employee Satisfaction Survey) results are 85% and above.
- Ensures the smooth running of the operations on a day to day basis and in a pro active manner.
- Ensures that as per Kempinski Health & Safety Policy the Fire Exits are free of obstacles.
- Support and assist all Front Office sections.
- Ensures that all guests receives prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition and resolves related problems.
- Inform and co-ordinate with other operating departments e.g. Housekeeping, Engineering, Sales and Butlers of Front Office matters which may concern them.
- Check all correspondence of the day’s arrivals to familiarize with arrived and arriving guests and their needs, follows up as required.
- Control room availability for walk-ins and establishe accountability for guests departure dates and times.
- Follow up with Housekeeping any unresolved room discrepancies.
- Maintain reservation procedures, same day arrivals.
- Check all arrivals folios, follows up on credit standing of walk-in guests and validity of account to company instructions.
- Check all billing instructions and guest credit for accuracy. Follow up and resolve related issues.
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, uniforms, hygiene, appearance and posture for all departmental employees.
- Ensures that all departmental information is kept accurately and up to date.
- Promotes in house sales and facilities to maximize hotel revenues.
- Understand and carries out duties in line with Hotel Emergency Procedures.
- Inspects Front and Back of house for cleanliness, Health & Safety and reports any faults to concerned departments.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Coordinates/Assists security personnel in all related matters.
- Responds promptly to any operational requests from Front Office and other hotel departments.
- Attends to referred and unsolved problematic situations.
- Coordinates and assists with accommodation and transportation of guests in overbooked situations.
- Completes VIP, delegations and group leaders welcome and farewell as appropriate.
- Conduct efficient hand-over with coming Manager.